Assessment and Treatment of Pediatric Dysarthria (On Demand Webinar)
Already an ASHA Learning Pass subscriber?
This webinar introduces practical clinical decision-making frameworks for evaluating and treating children with dysarthria and illustrates their application through clinical case examples. The course strives to increase SLPs’ confidence in evaluating and treating children with dysarthria.
You will be able to:
- Identify speech features associated with dysarthria by listening to speech samples of children
- Apply use of a motor speech assessment framework for describing subsystem impairments and distinguishing between dysarthria and childhood apraxia of speech in children
- Objectively measure intelligibility of children with dysarthria
- Explain the influence of all speech subsystems on speech production and intelligibility in children
- Write patient-centered goals focused on maximizing communication function and intelligibility for children with dysarthria
Hear From the Speaker