Clinical Decision-Making With Dynamic Assessment
Already an ASHA Learning Pass subscriber?
A challenge in conducing dynamic assessment – an alternative to standardized testing that accounts for individuals’ unique cultural and linguistic identities – is putting together all the information to make a clinical decision. In this course – which is broken into six 5-minute blocks – speaker Elizabeth Peña discusses using dynamic assessment to identify indicators of language difference and language disorder and how to incorporate this information into a clinical report and intervention plan. Peña gives examples and guides you through making recommendations about intervention based on dynamic assessment results.
This course is part of the micro course series “Integrating Dynamic Assessment IntoYour Practice.”
You will be able to:
- Incorporate pretest, posttest, and modifiability into a diagnostic report
- Make recommendations about placement and intervention based on dynamic assessment results
DEI Professional Development Requirement
This course counts toward the ASHA certification maintenance professional development requirement for DEI (which encompasses cultural competency; cultural humility; culturally responsive practice; and diversity, equity, and inclusion). See more courses that count toward this requirement or read more about professional development requirements for certification maintenance.
What Is a Micro Course?
Designed to fit your busy schedule, micro courses are 30-minute courses that are broken into six 5-minute blocks, two of which are speaker-led and four of which guide you through practicing a new strategy with a client on your current caseload.
Other Micro Courses in This Series
- What Is Dynamic Assessment? (PD102345) (available in the ASHA Learning Pass here or as an a la carte purchase)
- Using Mediated Learning Experience in Dynamic Assessment (PD102346) (available in the ASHA Learning Pass here or as an a la carte purchase)
- Observing Modifiability During Dynamic Assessment (PD102347) (available through the ASHA Learning Pass here or as an a la carte purchase)