Cutting-Edge Issues in Audiology: Assessment and Treatment
Already an ASHA Learning Pass subscriber?
This course includes five recorded sessions from the online conference "Audiology 2017: Cutting-Edge Perspectives in Service Delivery for Older Adults." These sessions present assessment and intervention strategies for older patients. The conference included a total of 17 sessions, with the broad goal of presenting audiologists with innovative approaches to managing hearing loss and improving service delivery for older adults.
The five sessions in this course bundle are:
- The Role of Electrophysiology in the Assessment of Auditory Processing and Associated Neuroplasticity, by Samira Anderson, PhD, CCC-A
- Emerging Interventions for Age-Related Hearing Loss, by Ann Clock Eddins, PhD, MBA, CCC-A, and Victoria Sanchez, AuD, PhD, CCC-A
- Comprehensive Aural Rehabilitation for Adults, by Nicole Marrone, PhD, CCC-A
- Tinnitus Assessment and Management in Older Adults, by Sharon A. Sandridge, PhD, CCC-A, and Craig W. Newman, PhD, CCC-A
- Cochlear Implant Management in Older Adults, by Howard W. Francis, MD, MBA, FACS, and Jennifer Yeagle, MEd, CCC-A
You will be able to:
- Discuss the aspects of neural speech encoding that may be malleable with training and/or the use of hearing aids
- Describe current best-practices regarding interventions for age-related hearing loss and the potential for new targeted treatments via device and medicinal interventions
- Outline a plan for implementing a group aural rehabilitation program
- Describe a care path using an interprofessional, collaborative model for managing patients with tinnitus
- Recognize potential CI candidates in your older patients
What is Included?
You'll get online access to all the course content, including the full video, handouts, and references so you can access it from anywhere!
Self-assessment—Think about what you learned and report on the Completion Form how you will use your new knowledge.
View all courses from the "Audiology 2017: Cutting-Edge Perspectives in Service Delivery for Older Adults" online conference, available through the ASHA Learning Pass subscription or as an a la carte purchase.