Dynamic Evaluation of Motor Speech Skills (DEMSS) Manual
As a member benefit, all prices are marked 10% off the list price.
Dynamic Evaluation of Motor Speech Skills (DEMSS) is a criterion-referenced assessment designed to help with differential diagnosis of speech sound disorders in children with severely impaired speech production. Use it to assess children who have significant speech impairment, especially reduced phonemic and/or phonetic inventories, vowel or prosodic errors, poor speech intelligibility, and/or little to no verbal communication.
Use DEMSS to do any or all of the following:
- Diagnose severe speech sound disorders in children age 3 and older
- Facilitate, confirm, or rule out a diagnosis of childhood apraxia of speech (CAS)
- Estimate the severity of a child’s disorder and what their prognosis might be
- Inform the development of treatment goals
- Decide on the most effective methods of cueing during treatment
142 pages, softcover, access to video tutorial and downloadable DEMSS forms.
*ASHA offers these products as a convenience. Inclusion in ASHA promotional material does not imply ASHA endorsement of any publisher, author, product, program, viewpoint, or technique. Prices are subject to change.