Interprofessional Education and Practice SIG 2
Already an ASHA Learning Pass subscriber?
These Perspectives (SIG 2) articles evaluate, highlight, and analyze various examples of interprofessional education and collaboration amongst speech-language pathologists and other professionals. Interprofessional educational models, collaborative teaming frameworks, and a case study example are also presented.
You will be able to:
- describe a framework that utilizes team-based interprofessional education for speech-language pathology and audiology students
- discuss the steps taken to establish an interprofessional, collaborative dining culture change within a skilled nursing facility and the impact on resident socialization, communication, and dysphagia
- describe the interprofessional clinical model utilized to co-deliver integrative music and language therapy
- discuss implementation of a combined clinical placement for speech-language pathology and dietetics and nutrition students
- identify recommendations for best practices using dual-tasking interventions for improved clinical outcomes
- identify the main components of interprofessional education at Kean University