As a member benefit, all prices are marked 10% off the list price.
This accessible, straightforward book gives parents the practical knowledge they need to evaluate communication therapies and treatments - and make sound decisions rooted in evidence-based practice. A practical resource from trusted experts on autism and communication, this book covers everything from autism fundamentals to the specifics of developing an individualized treatment plan for children birth to age 5. The research-based knowledge and real-world guidance in these pages will help parents become well-informed advocates ready to provide the best support for their child.
The book will help parents:
- arm themselves with essential knowledge about autism and how it's diagnosed
- understand the range of social communication behaviors they might see in their child
- learn the how and why of developmental assessments
- choose evidence-based treatments and interventions that address their child's specific communication needs
- support their child’s development of key skills, such as motor imitation, joint attention, play, and spontaneous communication
- make the most of available educational services, including IEPs and IFSPs
- partner effectively with SLPs, OTs, special educators, and paraprofessionals
- navigate the complex emotions associated with a child’s autism diagnosis
ASHA offers these products as a convenience. Inclusion in ASHA promotional material does not imply ASHA endorsement of any publisher, author, product, program, viewpoint, or technique. Prices are subject to change.