National Speech-Language Pathology Examination Review & Study Guide, 2nd Edition
As a member benefit, all prices are marked 10% off the list price.
The National Speech-Language Pathology Examination Review & Study Guide (2nd ed.) is designed to improve critical reasoning skills, increase test-taking confidence, and make sure that you pass the exam the first time. It combines a comprehensive content review with rigorous practice exams to ensure that students are prepared for the PRAXIS®. Successful study strategies and up-to-date information on the licensure process are also included.
Whether preparing for the PRAXIS®, transitioning into a new practice area, or starting a new position, the Guide provides a comprehensive overview of the breadth and depth of current speech-language practice. It provides an efficient, effective way to review foundational information for entry-level speech-language pathology as well as practice in answering questions similar to those on the PRAXIS® or comprehensive exams. The Guide covers these topics:
- Anatomy and Physiology of Communication and Swallowing
- Language Acquisition: Preverbal and Early Language
- Research, Evidence-Based Practice and Tests and Measurements
- The Practice of Speech-Language Pathology
- Speech Sound Disorders in Children
- Language Disorders in Young Children
- Spoken Language Disorders in School-Age Populations
- Written Language Disorders in the School-Age Population
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Stuttering and Other Fluency Disorders
- Acquired Language Disorders: Aphasia, Right-Hemisphere Disorders and Neurodegenerative Syndromes
- Motor Speech Disorders
- Cleft Palate and Craniofacial Anomalies
- Voice Disorders in Children and Adults
- Dysphagia: Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Audiology and Hearing Impairment
- Preparing for the Speech-Language Pathology Examination
Softback, 807 pages and access to three online practice exams
*ASHA offers these products as a convenience. Inclusion in ASHA promotional material does not imply ASHA endorsement of any publisher, author, product, program, viewpoint, or technique. Prices are subject to change.