Telepractice & Audiology Services: International, Parental, & Practitioner Views
Already an ASHA Learning Pass subscriber?
The first article in this SIG 18 activity investigates the applications speech-language
pathologists (SLPs) and audiologists used most frequently during the beginning of the
COVID-19 pandemic. It also discusses the main obstacles to providing speech,
language, and hearing services through telepractice. Through the international
distribution of an electronic survey, a total of 1,466 surveys from SLPs and audiologists from 40 countries were used for the analysis.
The second article discusses the Auditory Verbal UK's training program for
prospective listening and spoken language specialist certified auditory verbal therapists delivered globally via telepractice. The article explores, from a global perspective,
audiology and early intervention services and perspectives regarding telepractice.
The third article explores parents' and therapists' views of the benefits and
challenges of telepractice for early intervention for children who are deaf or hard of
hearing during the COVID-19 pandemic. Through survey and analysis, the article probes the views of parents, Listening and Spoken Language Specialist Certified Auditory
Verbal Therapists in using telepractice to deliver auditory verbal sessions.
will be able to:
- explain the trends used by international audiologists and SLPs to provide
telepractice services at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic
- identify barriers and opportunities related to auditory verbal therapy
training via telepractice
- describe the benefits and challenges of auditory-verbal sessions as
described by parents and practitioners
about what you learned and report on the Completion Form how you will use your
in This Course
- Delivery of Speech-Language Therapy and Audiology Services Across the World at the Start of the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Survey by Sabine Van Eerdenbrugh, Kirsten Schraeyen, Heleen Leysen, Charlotte Mostaert, Wendy D'haenens, and Dorien Vandenborre, published in SIG 18, Volume 7, Issue 2,
April 14, 2022
- International Telepractice for Therapy and Training: Auditory Verbal UK's Perspective by Frances Clark, Louise Ashton, Noel Kenely, and Sarah Hogan, published in SIG 18, Volume 6, Issue 6,
December 17, 2021
- Parental and Practitioner Views of Telepractice for Pediatric Auditory Verbal Habilitation at a Time of Global Pandemic by Rachel Pollard and Sarah Hogan, published in SIG 18, Volume 6, Issue 6,
December 17, 2021